ShareThis

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Conditioned...?!?

Yesterday I found what I was not. Today I thought further to discover why I am what I am and here is what I remembered. I have heard this story in form of a song in Marathi ‘Eka Talyat Hoti Badake Pille Surekh…’ A song I always get sentimental with…
(Click on the title for this song in Marathi)

An eagle's egg was placed in the nest of a prairie chicken. The egg hatched and the little eagle grew up thinking it was a prairie chicken. The eagle did what the prairie chickens did. It scratched in the dirt for seeds. It clucked and cackled. It never flew more than a few feet because that is what the prairie chickens did.

One day he saw an eagle flying gracefully and majestically in the open sky. He asked the prairie chickens:

"What is that beautiful bird?" The chickens replied,

"That is an eagle. He is an outstanding bird, but you cannot fly like him because you are just a prairie chicken."

So the eagle never gave it a second thought, believing that to be the truth. He lived the life of and died a prairie chicken, depriving himself of his heritage because of his lack of vision.

What a waste! He was born to win, but was conditio1ned to lose.

Do not let people or situations or even yourself condition you to lose in life.


Stay tuned and A-W-A-R-E…!

No comments:

Post a Comment