ShareThis

Monday, May 2, 2016

'Interesting...!'


When people respond to something in an expression, it does not necessarily mean what it sounds… for example, when a British says, ‘I almost agree…’, it translates to ‘I don’t agree at all…!’ I was just wondering what people, not only British but any human that has evolved beyond sign language and can communicate with spoken words, mean when I hear the expression… ‘Interesting!’ Because, if I get it more often, I must be very interesting person [in the figure of speech, that is!] but the facts contradict the presumption, I believe!

What do people actually mean when they respond to anything as, ‘Interesting…!’

Optimistic Perception [Hypothesis]

1. Interesting… I am enthused to deliberate your idea as I find it kind of out-of-the-box! 

2. Interesting… I would like a little elaboration of it! 
3. Interesting… What you say entices me! 
4. Interesting… I am listening! 
5. Interesting… It excites me!

Realistic Expression [Practice]

6. Interesting… WTF?
7. Interesting… Are you still talking!
8. Interesting… Am I supposed to respond?
9. Interesting… I don’t give a damn what you mean…
10. Interesting… I haven’t heard a dumber thing than this!
11. Interesting… ‘Why on earth I couldn’t think of this before…?’ 
12. Interesting… I just missed what you said but I don’t want you to repeat it!
13. Interesting… You are better off with it as long as you don’t involve me in it!
14. Interesting… When would you learn to think practical and make some sense for mutual benefit?
15. Interesting… You are speaking some alien language, but I don’t want to lose my dignity and disclose my ignorance…!

Intrigued Take-away [Con]

16. Interesting… Thanks buddy, your game is over!
17. Interesting… Where could I get the data for this?
18. Interesting… I must ‘document’ this before s/he does!
19. Interesting… How to manipulate this fool with intelligent ideas…?
20. Interesting… This could move me a position higher in the hierarchy!

Rule no. 10 [Refer to Rule no. 9]

21. Interesting… Oh, yeah! So you think you are that smarter ass who can move me out of here, huh?!?

This is the list that I could make ‘as far as my belief, exposure, knowledge and memory is concerned’; you are welcome to edit it with modification, addition or deletion, as you please… Just remember, whatever you suggest, I will have only one expression for you… ‘Very Interesting!’

Way to go…!

No comments:

Post a Comment